Where we operate

Veterans Aid is often described as a small, London-based charity. Many people assume that its aspiration is to expand. In fact VA’s reach and impact is international, as this page illustrates. Improvements to New Belvedere House, and the sourcing of a more ‘fit for purpose’ head office and Drop-In Centre, are certainly on the agenda, but with the aim of delivering a better service rather than establishing a bigger geographical footprint.

For national and international recognition please see Endorsements.

Useful links & Information

Since 2007 the charity has dealt with 611 Foreign & Commonwealth individuals and 67 nationalities.

See VA infographicForeign & Commonwealth related cases 2016.

Last year 107 visa applications were submitted on behalf of veterans and serving personnel. These individuals (and their families) are often overlooked when people think of the veterans’ community.

Ministry of Defence data reveals that 42% (4,660) of BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic community) service personnel were from the UK, with the remaining 58% (6,300) from Foreign & Commonwealth countries.

 

1. Afghanistan
Has visited VA
2. Argentina
Has visited VA
3. Australia
Client returned to or brought from Media coverage/reportage in country
4. Austria
VA visit Political interaction
5. Bangladesh
Has visited VA
6. Belgium
Client returned to or brought from VA visit Has visited VA
7. Belize
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
8. Botswana
Has visited VA Political interaction
9. Brazil
Has visited VA
10. Bulgaria
Has visited VA
11. Cambodia
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
12. Cameroon
Client returned to or brought from
13. Canada
Client returned to or brought from VA visit Has visited VA Media coverage/reportage in country Political interaction
14. China
Client returned to or brought from
15. Cyprus
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
16. Czech Republic
Has visited VA
17. Denmark
VA visit Has visited VA
18. Dominican Republic
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
19. Fiji
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA Media coverage/reportage in country Political interaction
20. France
Client returned to or brought from VA visit Has visited VA
21. Gambia
Has visited VA
22. Germany
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
23. Ghana
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
24. Greece
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
25. Grenada
Client returned to or brought from
26. Guyana
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
27. Hungary
Has visited VA
28. India
Client returned to or brought from
29. Indonesia
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
30. Iran
Media coverage/reportage in country
31. Iraq
Client returned to or brought from
32. Ireland
VA visit
33. Italy
VA visit
34. Jamaica
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
35. Japan
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
36. Kenya
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
37. Kuwait
Client returned to or brought from
38. Lithuania
Has visited VA
39. Malawi
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
40. Malaysia
Client returned to or brought from
41. Malta
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
42. Montserrat
Has visited VA
43. Morocco
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
44. Nepal
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
45. Netherlands
VA visit Has visited VA
46. New Zealand
Has visited VA
47. Philippines
Has visited VA
48. Poland
Media coverage/reportage in country
49. Russia
Has visited VA
50. Seychelles
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
51. Sierra Leone
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
52. South Africa
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
53. South Korea
Has visited VA
54. Spain
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
55. Sri Lanka
Has visited VA
56. St Kitts
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
57. St Lucia
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
58. St Vincent & The Grenadines
Has visited VA
59. Thailand
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
60. Tonga
Has visited VA
61. Trinidad
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
62. Turkey
Client returned to or brought from
63. Uganda
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
64. UK
Client returned to or brought from VA visit Has visited VA Media coverage/reportage in country Political interaction
65. Ukraine
Has visited VA
66. United States
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA Media coverage/reportage in country
67. Zimbabwe
Client returned to or brought from Has visited VA
  • Client returned to or brought from
  • VA visit
  • Visit to VA
  • Media coverage/reportage in country
  • Political interaction
How we operate

learn more